St Albans Driving Experience with PCW:
- Leaving PCW head north along the Pacific Highway/A1 towards Newcastle.
- Turn right onto the Pacific Motorway 1 (formerly F3) towards Newcastle.
- After approx. 36km take the Peats Ridge exit onto Peats Ridge Road.
- At approx. 13km veer left onto George Downs Road towards Central Mangrove/Wisemans Ferry.
- Continue straight through until you reach Wisemans Ferry.
- Take Wisemans Ferry across the Hawkesbury River to the eastern bank.
All NSW ferries are free to use. For more information including timetables, visit:
- Continue straight past the car park and up the hill, turning right onto River Road at the Police Station.
- Cross the Webb's Creek Ferry onto the western bank of the Hawkesbury River.
- Continue straight onto St Albans Road for approx. 20 km.
- Arriving at St Albans, turn right onto Wollombi Road
- Turn right onto Wharf Street.
Established in 1836, the Settlers Arms Inn is built from convict-hewn sandstone. Surrounded by mountains, it nestles alongside the Macdonald River within the village of St Albans, the heart of the Macdonald Valley. Of Georgian simplicity, the hotel became a stopover for Cobb and Co. stagecoaches traveling between Sydney and Newcastle in the nineteenth century. These days the inn is an alternative gateway to the Hunter Valley wine districts for visitors from the Central Coast and Sydney.
Settlers Arms Inn | 1 Wharf Street, St Albans | http://www.settlersarms.com.au/
- Leaving the Settlers Arms Inn, turn left onto Wollombi Road
- Turn left onto St Albans Road, following it for approx. 20 km back to the Webb's Creek Ferry (partially dirt)
- Cross the Webb's Creek Ferry back onto the eastern bank
- Turn left onto River Road
- Turn right onto Old Northern Road towards Dural/Windsor
- Stay on Old Northern Road towards Middle Dural
- Turn left onto Wylds Road just after Glenorie
- Turn left onto Arcadia Road towards Berowra Waters
- Veer right onto Bay Road towards Berowra Waters
- Continue onto the Berowra Waters Ferry to the eastern bank of the Hawkesbury River
For information, including timetables for the Berowra Waters Ferry, visit:
- Continue along Berowra Waters Road
- At the roundabout, turn right to continue along Berowra Waters Road
- At the roundabout turn left to continue along Berowra Waters Road
- Turn right onto the Pacific Highway travelling through Hornsby back to PCW.